9 Feb 1979, Russell Club (aka The Factory), Manchester

9 Feb 1979, Russell Club (aka The Factory), Manchester - ACR Gigography w/ Gang of Four and Delta Five 

 Extract of live review by Mick Middles from Sounds 24 Feb 1979 (via MDMArchive): 

 "Factory Records supremo has recently been heard to enthuse in ecstatic fashion over the merits of the new Manchester band Certain Ratio (sic). 

 "This I find baffling. I've seen the band twice over the last six months and both times they left me completely unmoved. I've searched for hidden meanings. I've probed as deeply as is possible into the lyrics and the, er, music but I have found nothing at all. They stand on stage looking so hip and intense in the unconvincing style of The Pop Group as they hammer away producing flat, shallow and I suppose modern noise. Unfortunately to me it's just a tedious drone." 

Comments